CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

How do we learn about the political process?



So this is for Priscilla and many others of us who talked about being mystified by the whole political process tonight in class... Schoolhouse Rock was a big hit in the 1970s (some of you may remember!). Its main purpose was to educate kids about everything from social studies to grammar. If you want more, go to YouTube and look up SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK. Look at all the ways we can learn (good and bad!) from popular culture!!


3 comments:

Hungry folk said...

I love School House Rock!!!! I was actually thinking of suggesting it last night when we were talking about the lack of basic lessons about civics, but I didn't know where people could watch them (youtube didn't occur to my digital immigrant self).

Also, can you look at my Choice #1 blog entry so I can get a sense of if I'm on track or not? Thanks

Anonymous said...

I remember these from 7th grade, which means i must've learned something from them!

Priscilla Gonzalez said...

I checked it out. It's a simple way to learn how they pass a bill. By the way Dr. Bogad, I did my choice 1 and 2. Could you look at it so I know how I am doing? Thanks.